Reproductive health is one of the most important factors influencing the health of the entire population and the future of the population of one country. Therefore, we in specialised gynaecological hospital “Genesis” pay particular attention to take care of reproductive health of children, adolescents, pregnant women, women in middle age and women in the peri and postmenopause.
Girls and women who are sexually active need to go to the gynaecologist for examination at least once a year. Regular gynaecological examinations are irreplaceable because only in that way can the smallest changes that may precede difficult and dangerous diseases be noticed, and if detected in time, they can be quickly and effectively treated.
Gynaecological examination includes a conversation with a doctor, then a vaginal examination of the vagina and cervix, colposcopy (need to be done once a year), Pap smear (need to be done once a year), a vaginal smear with a view to determining the degree of purity, and detecting bacterial vaginosis, and various other bacteriological smears.
Ultrasound examination allows examination of the internal organs of the pelvis.
When is the right time for a gynaecological examination?
- If pre-pubertal child or postmenopausal women bleed.
- If hair growth and the growth of breasts is noticed in pre-pubertal child.
- If you turned 16, and you have not had your first period.
- If you turned 16 years and you never been to the gynaecologist.
- If you have become sexually active.
- If you missed your period.
- If your menstrual period lasts more than 8 days.
- If your periods occur at intervals shorter than 21 days.
- If you feel severe pain in the lower abdomen.
- If you notice excessive discharge of altered odour and colour.
- If you feel a burning sensation, itching and notice changes in the genital skin.
- If you see changes in your breasts.
- If you’re thinking about contraception.